Recruiter - Ground & Air Emergency Medical Services
(Global Medical Response / AMR)
We invite you to join a team of highly skilled professionals, making a difference by finding the next generation of EMS professionals of every day!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
This mid-level recruiter at Global Medical Response / American Medical Response has the primary responsibility of ensuring the staffing needs of the Company are continuously met across their region or specific discipline group. Recruiting activities include development of strategic recruiting plans that include traditional employment sources as well as identification of appropriate field recruiting activities to ensure a continuous funnel of qualified candidates now and in the future. Working collaboratively with fellow recruiters, recruiting coordinators and recruiting managers, this role will help develop creative sourcing opportunities, managing a calendar of job fairs and hiring events, review and screen resumes as required, and provide guidance on interviewing strategies and techniques. Equal parts strategic sourcer and line manger liaison this role will help meet the immediate staffing needs of our expanding business and identify and build strong relationships in with the industry.
- Partner with Operations to understand their staffing needs across the region.
- In conjunction with local management, develop effective relationships with outside organizations to foster community relations and generate applicants.
- Will develop and use various sources to identify and recruit candidates, and create targeted recruitment strategies to broaden the possible pool of qualified and diverse talent.
- Develop cost-effective recruitment strategies based on business and departmental goals and needs analysis.
- Responsible for the managing and maintaining professional appearance and content of postings.
- Advertise and promote open positions using social media and marketing.
- Extensively attends recruiting events, job fairs, industry events, secondary schools, colleges and relevant vocational/educational institutions with EMS programs to create strong relationships.
- Conduct presentations to local organizations and candidates regarding employment opportunities, Company culture, benefits, and growth opportunities.
- Assessing applicant’s knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions.
- Assist applicants when needed with the application process.
- Maintain contact with potential candidates.
- Ensure all aspects of recruitment process comply with affirmative action reporting.
- 2-5 years of experience in recruitment.
- Advanced social media skills with both organic and sponsored recruiting advertising (preferred).
- Working knowledge of basic HR laws and regulations
- Working proficiency with basic office productivity software
- Experience with HRIS/ATS tools such as Workday, iCIMS, or other common technologies.
- Experience with 3rd party paid sourcing tools (Linkedin, Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.), as well as creative, free web-based online tools.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Strong communication skills (written, phone, interpersonal, presentation) with comfort and confidence speaking with diverse groups of people.
- Strategic thinking and ability to execute plans to deliver results.
- Sales skills with ability to overcome objections.
- Adaptability and flexibility to support the organization’s growth.
- Excellent work ethic with great attitude and desire to make a difference.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Resourceful, well-organized and capable of managing competing priorities.
- Ability to take charge, express ownership and work with minimal supervision.
- Energetic and upbeat personality.
- Strong interviewing skills and networking ability.
**A hybrid of remote work, office hours and field events will define this role, but the incumbent must live within a resonable commute of the greater Dallas, Houston or Austin Metro areas. Position will travel approximately 10% of the time to other office locations or relevant industry events, with occasional overnights required**
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel far distances in car/airplane to attend job fairs and visit partner colleges.
- The job can come with high pressure and expectations since a recruiter is responsible for ensuring a high-quality workforce.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure and feel comfortable meeting with and speaking with new people often.
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of recruiting material and other objects up to 100 lbs.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Manger Recruiting
Interrelationships: Operations, Public, Coordinator Recruiting