The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost effective manner possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and Company policies.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving medical treatment protocols, response requirements, quality assurance procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other Company policies
• Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing the duties of an EMT
• Operates Company vehicles in accordance with Risk & Safety policies; is familiar with and abides by traffic laws governing the operation of emergency response vehicles
• Maintains a driving record in compliance with Risk & Safety policy requirements
• Develops ability to locate addresses quickly and safely through knowledge of number systems and street layouts with and without the assistance of maps and electronic mapping devices.
• Performs beginning of shift checks to ensure the ambulance is in a state of mechanical readiness; tops off fluids as necessary; ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are on board
• Reports immediately to the Supervisor any discrepancies in vehicle, equipment or supplies standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call
• Notifies Fleet Maintenance/Supervisor of mechanical failures of the ambulance and equipment
• Ensures the ambulance is cleaned inside and outside, restocked, tagged as necessary, and fueled at the end of each shift
• Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in Company policy.
• Reports problems or unusual occurrences immediately to the Supervisor
• Attends all mandatory training and in-service events
• Fosters and maintains cooperative working relationships with peers, facility staff and public safety personnel.
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
• Uses/operates appropriate communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
• Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment of patients
• Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate and expedient manner
• Communicates effectively with empathy and compassion to interview patients, their family members, bystanders, other service agency members and facility staff
• Discerns deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient’s condition and to the treatment given
• Converses with Dispatch, facility staff and other responders via phone or radio as to status of patient
Experience: Must be at least 18 years of age; some prior work experience in a health care system preferred
Education: High school diploma or GED
Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills; strong listening and comprehension abilities, adaptability to quickly evolving situations, and strong decision making
Credentials/Licenses: Valid Driver’s License, State EMT certification and CPR/BLS certifications.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment, or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.