We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The CCT Nurse is an experienced, highly skilled, motivated, compassionate, and flexible clinician who administers exemplary patient care and provides exceptional leadership while facilitating the transport of critically ill or injured patients.
• Respond to patient care and/or critical care transport unit calls according to program standards.
• Autonomously guide the care of patients and safely get them to their destination utilizing exceptional critical thinking skills and solid clinical and operational knowledge.
• Provide high-quality routine and emergency nursing care of the transported patient in accordance with established protocols, clinical guidelines, and physician orders.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills with all external and internal customers, including (but not limited to) patients and their families, hospital staff, the community, Operations personnel, and CCT administration.
• Accurately complete supply, billing, and data collection forms as required.
• Document all assessment findings, physicians’ transport orders, therapeutic interventions administered, and patient responses per Patient Care Record policies.
• Ensure that equipment is in working order and transport vehicles are clean and fully stocked.
• Maintain knowledge of and remain compliant with all company policies and procedures, codes of safe practice, EMS protocols, and Critical Care Transport standards and guidelines.
• Maintain all required licensure and certifications.
• Minimum 2 years of Critical Care experience (i.e. ICU, CCU, PACU, or ER).
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED).
• BSN or Bachelors in healthcare-related field preferred.
• Knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
• Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement, and evaluate patient care activities.
• Ability to function independently and prioritize, delegate, and utilize critical thinking skills in a variety of patient care situations.
• Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
• Ability to pass a Physical Ability Test.
• Previous CCT experience preferred.
• Previous EMS experience preferred.
• State Registered Nursing License.
• ACLS, PALS, and BLS Provider Cards.
• State Driver’s License (Driving Record must be in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy – proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
• Professional critical care specialty certification (e.g. CEN, CCRN, CTRN, etc.) preferred
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment, or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.