Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response. JOB SUMMARY Responsible for performing radio, telephone, and computer operations necessary to notify the appropriate emergency units in accordance with departmental procedures. Reviewing, confirming, and verifying the preflight risk assessment for completeness. Responsible for monitoring, tracking and logging the progress of the flight, and having situational awareness of the current and forecasted weather along the planned route of flight to assist in the safe conduct of the flight. Pass critical flight information to the Pilot in Command and the Operational Control Specialists Tier I. Assisting management with other duties as assigned. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES: A. Call Processing • Process emergency and non-emergency requests • Identify and notify appropriate resources B. Flight Following • Actively monitor aircraft while in flight • Enter 15 minute position reports into the CAD system C. Documentation • Document all flight related information into CAD system • Place aircraft out of service and in service as necessary D. OCS / Risk Mitigation • Actively check the general weather impression for assigned region • Monitor aircraft for any in-flight emergencies • Review and acknowledge all 1/2/3 RA submissions E. Team Coordination • Keep partners abreast of pod activity • Coordinate with Tier I OCS / Supervisor / Medlink, as necessary • Complete daily Shift Summary • Performs other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS Experience: • Prior Communications Center experience helpful but not required • Previous clerical, administrative, or general office experience preferred • Previous experience in prehospital setting (ground ambulance, fire department, law enforcement, etc) preferred Education: • High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent • CPR Certification • Licensed EMD preferred • NAACS required within 12 months of employment Skills: • Detail oriented • Ability to multi-task • Ability to function in a fast paced, at times high stress, work environment • Ability to have situational awareness with numerous units and situations • Computer literate Credentials/Licenses: • N/A | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform job duties in a fast paced environment
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Hearing: Perceiving the nature sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
• Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than whole hand.
• Attention divided between issues requiring multi-tasking
• Able to supervise, train and lead other employees
• Deal with emergency and time sensitive situation on an ongoing basis
• Able to perform under circumstances of emotional stress
• Ability to make quick and accurate critical decisions
• Copying: transcribing, entering, or posting data.
• Comparing: judging the readily observable functional, structural, or compositional characteristics of Compiling: gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people, or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
• Analyzing: examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
• Coordinating: determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data. May include prioritizing multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Communications Supervisor and Communications Manager
Interrelationships: Communications Center-Communicators, Supervisors, and Director; Clinicians
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled