Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The FTO Program Supervisor oversees the entirety of the FTO program within the operation(s) to include selection, onboarding, scheduling, performance management and all training activities for Field Training Officers and Preceptors with regards to new and promoting employees, students, third riders and interns. The FTO Program Supervisor serves as a role model and mentor to Field Training and Preceptor personnel within the local operation.
• Accountable for the Field Training Officer Program. This includes, but is not limited to:
o Monitoring and directing the GMR FTO program within the operation(s).
o Leading the selection process for FTO’s and preceptors at the operation(s) level.
o FTO and/or preceptor scheduling for new employees, third riders, interns and students.
o FTO and/or preceptor performance evaluation.
o Tracking and monitoring FTO and preceptor performance metrics for clinical performance and quality.
• In conjunction with GMR Clinical Practices leadership:
o Reinforce evidence based clinical practice.
o Participate in company patient safety reporting activities.
o Perform clinical and billing QA/QI reviews of patient records as requested.
o Make recommendations to clinical leadership regarding educational needs observed during field training and the QA/QI review process.
• In conjunction with GMR Safety leadership:
o Ensure compliance of Field Training and Preceptor personnel with key safety behaviors.
o Participate in company safety investigation and reporting activities as directed.
o Disseminate safety updates to FTO’s, preceptors and clinical staff.
• Represent GMR with local EMS education programs and assure integration with internship and preceptor needs.
• Represent GMR to local committees, medical and training institutions, and other related agencies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum two years EMS transport experience required.
• Minimum one year FTO experience required.
• Education commensurate with scope and certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience in analytical problem solving (including statement of problem, identification and collection of pertinent data, analysis, recommendation, and evaluation) strongly preferred.
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving resolution skills required.
• Must have strong organizational skills with experience in managing multiple priorities, prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Fluency with MS Office suite and internet based GMR software platforms.
• Required license or certification in good standing for scope of position
• Safe Stretcher Handlingprogram instructor
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) instructor
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Work environment may vary from facility based, outdoors or within ambulance transport compartment.
• Occasional field deployment to specific unscheduled events of varying magnitude.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waiver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Interrelationships: Clinical Practices, Learning, Safety
Global Medical Response is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures.
This document in no way constitutes a contract of employment. This description is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all skills, duties, or responsibilities associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed, should circumstances change (i.e., changes in personnel, workload, or technological development.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled