We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Dispatch Lead is responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and prioritizing all Dispatch and Communications Center activities.
• Employ thorough knowledge of all Dispatch and Communications Center functions, including but not limited to routing, scheduling, mapping, reporting, and compliance.
• Assist in the development of and training of personnel to ensure that the contractual obligations of the company are met.
• Assume supervisory duties when Communications Center Supervisors are unavailable, including but not limited to delegating tasks, participating in performance reviews, and issuing corrective action.
• Monitor phone queues and communicate with providers and community partners to resolve service-related issues.
• Receive incoming emergency and non-emergency calls and promptly ascertain proper levels of response.
• Allocate resources to match dynamic system demands and input applicable information into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
• Act as a liaison between local 911 centers, field personnel, and the Communications Center.
• Maintain professional communication with all employees and customers, to include patients, facilities, and public service agencies.
• Accurately complete all shift paperwork, including status and call time reports.
• Maintain a current working knowledge of all company policies, protocols, procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 1 year of experience within a Dispatch/Communications Center.
• CAD or related system experience.
• Phone correspondence and customer service experience.
• Prior EMS experience as an EMT, Paramedic, or Firefighter preferred.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Strong personnel management and staff development skills.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Effective time-management and organizational skills.
• Emergency Medical Dispatch Advanced (EMDA) certification preferred.
• CPR and ICS certifications preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Verbal and face-to-face contact with others.
• Dimly lit or dark office environment.
• Use of phones, computers, and printers.
• Prolonged periods of sitting.
• Hearing, listening, speaking, seeing.
• Problem-solving, reasoning, decision-making.
• Complex reading and writing, memorization, math skills.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Dispatch Supervisor and/or Communications Manager
Interrelationships: EMTs, Paramedics, CCT RNs, Firefighters, Supervisors, Managers, Dispatchers.
If your passion is coordinating patient care missions where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled