Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Provides direct patient care in accordance with company protocols and/or online medical direction. Assists with the coverage of open shifts as needed in the assigned area.
This position is responsible for driving an ambulance and/or wheelchair van to transport patients to and from health care facilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Transport/drive patients to and from hospitals, medical facilities and/or places of residence as directed safely and in a timely manner.
• Complete Mechanical Checklist on the transport vehicle at the beginning of each shift, report mechanical issues to the Operations Supervisor and Fleet Services department.
• Ensure all onboard equipment is in good working order at the beginning of each shift, report any equipment issues to the Operations Supervisor.
• Know and use Standard Codes during radio transmissions.
• Utilize mapping devices to locate and navigate to hospitals, medical facilities, and patient residential addresses.
• Complete a Trip Sheet fully recording all details of each transport provided.
• Ensure transport vehicle is fueled, cleaned inside and outside, and restocked daily.
• Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and facility staff.
• Arrive for duty appropriately groomed and in the proper work dress/uniform
• Complete all required/assigned Company training
• Adhere to and comply with all company and information systems security policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Prior health care facility, mortuary, or Medical Examiner’s office
Education: High school diploma or equivalent GED
• Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
• Ability to work with and operate wheelchairs, both motorized and non-motorized.
• Ability to safely operate proper wheelchair securing devices.
• Ability to safely operate wheelchair van loading and unloading devices.
• Ability to utilize proper personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to Bloodborne or Airborne Pathogens.
• Working knowledge of radio communication equipment.
• Considerable knowledge of geography of the business area and the location of roads and streets.
• Working knowledge of necessary supplies and equipment used.
Credentials/Licenses: Valid Driver’s License and MVR in compliance with Company
Requirements. Obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certifications. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions: Works alone and at times with others. Confined space. May be exposed to weather.
Physical Demands: Repetitive work. Kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, reading, hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, pushing, pulling, reaching standing, sitting. Carrying multiple pieces of equipment while pushing wheelchair. Driving ambulance. Walking inside and outside, performing visual inspections. Operate basic office equipment, and communication devices.
Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to
identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.